|Updated: 11/25/2005; 12:00:17 AM.
|XML and software
XML, web and software in general, with notes on Radio Userland resources
Monday, December 01, 2003
: A service for browser-based RSS aggregators. 6:32:55 PM
Summary of VOIP limitations:
- no guarantees of service
- no constraints on junk call: solicitations and junk fax: Don't expect to have a "do not call" or "can spam" list enforced.
- no assurance that identification and its release are in accordance with end-user's expectations
- You can't assume that the 'caller ID' data presented to you is accurate
- At this point, there's no mandated assurance that you can initiate VoIP calls that will suppress disclosure of your identity, IP number, etc. -- that is, no 'private call' assurance
- The legal and regulatory levels of privacy afforded to conventional telephony may not apply: If you want privacy, you'll need to put in place your own solutions (as will those with whom you communicate) and hope that your measures are "good enough."
Copyright 2005 © Ken Novak.
Last update: 11/25/2005; 12:00:17 AM.