|Updated: 11/24/2005; 11:29:12 PM.
Data network connectivity developments, networking business news, and related computing items.
Wednesday, December 03, 2003
What Strategists Can Learn from Sartre: Echoes of the Forum, from a GBN founder. "Five Principles of Existential Strategy:
- Finitude. You canít be all things to all people. If youíre not saying ďnoĒ to some possibilities, then youíre not acting strategically.
- Being-Toward-Death. No one is too big to fail, to die, to go bankrupt. Gliding on momentum can lead to a crash.
- Care. Define your interests more precisely than ROI or return to shareholders. If you donít know where you stand, youíll fall for anything.
- Thrownness. You have a past; you have experiences and core competencies. Know them, use them, and donít forget them.
- Authenticity. Donít be bound by your past. Feel free to reinvent yourself and your company for an uncertain future. "
Copyright 2005 © Ken Novak.
Last update: 11/24/2005; 11:29:12 PM.