|Ken Novak's Weblog
Purpose of this blog: to retain annotated bookmarks for my future reference, and to offer others my filter technology and other news. Note that this blog is categorized. Use the category links to find items that match your interests.
Subscribe to get this blog by e-mail.
New: Read what I'm reading on Bloglines.
Sunday, June 09, 2002
: "World Bank Fossil Fuel Projects (current through Sept. 30, 2001):
- Fossil fuel financing, World Bank Group, since 1992: $20.8 billion
- Estimated lifetime carbon dioxide emissions from these projects: 40.6 billion tons
- Worldwide carbon dioxide emissions from consumption/flaring of fossil fuels, 1999: 22.3 billion tons
- Renewable energy/energy efficiency financing, World Bank Group, since 1992: $900 million
- Number of World Bank Group renewable energy/energy efficiency projects, since 1992: 30
- Number of World Bank Group fossil fuel projects, since 1992: 212 "
: "The Sustainable Energy and Economy Network, a project of the Institute for Policy Studies (Washington, DC) and the Transnational Institute (Amsterdam), works in partnership with citizens groups nationally and globally on environment, human rights and development issues with a particular focus on energy, climate change, environmental justice, gender equity, and economic issues, particularly as these play out in North/South relations." Site contains research papers and a database of selected intl projects, both renewable and fossil fuel. 12:45:38 AM