|Updated: 5/16/2006; 9:59:52 AM.
|Ken Novak's Weblog
Purpose of this blog: to retain annotated bookmarks for my future reference, and to offer others my filter technology and other news. Note that this blog is categorized. Use the category links to find items that match your interests.
Subscribe to get this blog by e-mail.
New: Read what I'm reading on Bloglines.
Tuesday, December 25, 2001
: The Internet is showing signs of decay, such as
- useless and discarded pages multipy
- search engines' value declines
- manual directories become impossible to maintain
- information sites become useless advertising and promotion sites
- syndicated directories homogenize content and make the net more vulnerable
- spam wastes time and bandwidth
"If Web entropy continues on its current path, the entire system will collapse on itself and be useless within a decade. And what will such a collapse leave us with? A closed system such as AOL will be all that is sustainable. Shoot me now. " 10:59:10 PM
Copyright 2006 © Ken Novak.
Last update: 5/16/2006; 9:59:52 AM.